The Conservatory offers limited after-hours private use of the facility for weddings and formal/professional photography only. You must obtain a permit through Seattle Parks and Recreation to secure your date.
- The Seasonal House is the main room in the Conservatory and offers a warm, lush, cozy environment for an intimate wedding ceremony for up to 25 people.
- Chairs are available upon request.
- Professional photography is allowed for the duration of your rental.
- There is one private all-gender bathroom inside the Conservatory. Additional restrooms are available outside in the park, just East of the Conservatory.
- The Conservatory can get quite hot in the summer. Hand held fans are an excellent party favor for guests.
- Call 206-684-4743 to schedule a site visit with a staff member.
- Ceremonies only, no receptions.
- Your permit will reserve the entire Conservatory for the duration of your rental.
- Please stay on pathways and paved surfaces. Do not sit, stand or place personal belongings in planted display areas.
- Rearrangement of planters, benches or other display features in the Conservatory must be discussed prior to your rental date. Staff will be happy to assist upon request.
- Please give at least one week notice to discuss special requests, chair rentals, or furniture rearrangement.
- Hand-held bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres.
- Soft music to moderate live or amplified music.
- Food or drink of any kind.
- Confetti, bird seed, rice, flower petals or the like.
- Floral arrangements that are not one of the kinds listed above.
- Candles or open flames.