WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Volunteers empower the FOC to support the Conservatory. Opportunities range from raising tents to counting money, from watering plants to designing databases.
To volunteer, please review the volunteer opportunities and e-mail us, call (206) 322-4112 or complete the form below.
Your time and skills can make a huge difference!
You must be logged in to participate in this survey
FOC Palm House Gift Shop
- Serve as cashier for Conservatory visitors
- Answer plant and gardening questions
- Assist visitors with resource center materials and equipment –Hours: 10:00am – 4:00pm Tuesday through Sunday
- Lead Conservatory visitors on guided tours of the Conservatory
- Answer questions about the Conservatory collection and history
- Training provided; minimum commitment required
May & September Plant Sales
- Set up and take down tents, lend a truck, carry plants, give plant advice
- Distribute neighborhood posters, help with publicity
- Serve on the Plant Sale Committee
- Welcome guests to Conservatory Holiday Open House
- Help with Summer Event (lecture, rare plant auction, garden party…)
- Work on Events Committee to plan tours, parties, exhibits, meetings
- Assist with mailings
- Help Office Administrative Assistant with public relations, phone work
- Contribute newsletter publishing and computer expertise
- Help the Conservatory staff tend plant collections.