Weddings & Ceremonies
The Conservatory is a lovely romantic and intimate location for a private ceremony consisting of 12 or fewer total people. Because of the space limitations of the Conservatory, ceremonies are required to follow the guidelines listed below. Please read it to see if your party of 12 or fewer would be a good fit here.
Your ceremony will need to be held after operating hours, that is, at 4:15 p.m. or later, Tuesday through Sunday (ceremonies and other private events are not permitted during public hours, 10am – 4 pm.)
How to schedule your ceremony:
1. First review the Guidelines below to be sure your plans fit our space.
2. Phone the Conservatory garden staff office at 206-684-4743 to check date availability.
3. Once you have a date agreed upon, then you need to call the Parks Scheduling Office at 206-684-4081 to arrange your permit, fees and event monitoring. Your chosen date is not confirmed until your permit has been issued by the Scheduling Office.
4. Contact the Conservatory office again (206-684-4743) to schedule a meeting or phone visit with garden staff to discuss specific needs for your chosen location.
We look forward to working with you for your special day. Please let us know if we can answer any questions. We look forward to welcoming you on your special day.
Conservatory Guidelines that will make your Ceremony a Success:
1. Confetti, bird seed, rice, flower petals or the like are not allowed.
2. Flowers: Only hand held bouquets, corsages and boutonnières are allowed.
No floral arrangements of any kind are permitted.
3. Limited alcohol is allowed indoors during non-operating hours only with department permission and a special permit.
4. No food of any kind is permitted in the Conservatory.
5. Music: Soft to moderate live or amplified music is allowed.
6. Guests: Your guests will be allowed to visit the Conservatory for the duration of your permit. This is included in your site fee.
7. Photographs: You have permission to take photos for the duration of your permit. This is included in your site fee.
8. Courtesies: Stepping into planted exhibits and handling of plants or flowers are not allowed.
9. Chairs are available, please request at least one week in advance.
10. Although Conservatory hours are posted and it will be closed to the public, the door must remain open to allow you and your guests in. We suggest that you post a person at the door to discourage the public from attending.
Please keep in mind that we want you to have a wonderful celebration, and if you are unable to honor any of the requests above, we will work hard to help you choose an alternative site. If the site is damaged we will assess the damage at current City of Seattle rates and bill the last party scheduled.