The FOC offers docent-guided tours of Volunteer Park Conservatory and its plant collections by reservation only. Tours last from 30 to 60 minutes and are at no additional charge.
Minimum two week advance notice is required.
Visitors will learn more about:
- Conservatory tropical and subtropical collections, including bromeliads, ferns, palms, cacti, orchids, and seasonal plants
- How Seattle Parks horticulturists work behind-the-scenes, plant production and acquisition
- How the Conservatory operates as a US Fish and Wildlife repository for confiscated plants
- Conservatory architecture and artworks, the Homage in Green glass canopy, the 1912 lunette window, and the iron tillandsia trees
- Conservatory construction history, renovations, and future design plans
- Community involvement and volunteerism, how the nonprofit Friends of the Conservatory and the Seattle Parks Department cooperate to support the Conservatory and host community events
- The Palm House Gift Shop and Resource Center
To request a docent-led tour, please send e-mail to
GROUP INFORMATION & RATES
Group of Children (<13 in age) with teachers/group/preschool leaders:
- Teachers and adults accompanying kids pay $4/adult.
- Kids age 12 and under are free.
- Daily Pass Stickers required for both adults and kids.
School Group of Teens (between 13-18) and/or College students:
- Group up to 25 pay $25.
- Additional $25 for 26-50 people. (i.e. $50 for 26-50 people, $75 for 51-75 people)
- Daily Pass Stickers required for both teachers and students.
Group of 15 or less Adults with or without Guided Tour:
- All adults in group pay $4 each.
- Group leader can make a single payment in gift shop.
- Daily Pass Stickers required for each person.
- No additional fee for guided tour, but extra donations to FOC are welcome!